The Guy
Alias: The Irishman
Age: 24
Height: 5'8"
Appearance:
When Irish eyes are smiling, your heart truly melts. Oh man, the bluest eyes that truly sparkle when he laughs. A slight, but fit stature. He has a very laid-back and amiable nature that just oozes through his pores. There is a boyish charm to his looks that is further emphasized with his broad, sparkling smile and soft dirty blond hair. I definitely noticed that he had hands built for computers, but a body built for the football pitch. All in all, he is the quintessential adorable Irishman.
The Date
Date: 05/15/2008
Time: 12:00 pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
Location: Pompei, Oakbrook Terrace
Description:
I originally scheduled the date for 11:45 so that we would miss the heavy lunchtime traffic. Idiot. Not only did I hit the lunchtime traffic, but I hit major construction on two separate roads, turned down the wrong street and ended up crying hysterically in the car thinking he would not be at the restaurant by the time I finally made it there. It took 30 minutes to cross the 4-mile distance from work to the restaurant. I almost threw in the towel and went to Baskin Robbins.
I ran through the parking lot and saw no one standing outside waiting for me. Once inside I scanned the room frantically until I found one sad, lonely little Irishman sitting on a bench in the lobby waiting for me. I waved and smiled, gushing apologies. He told me he was glad I came as he was about to leave. (Almost cried...again) In line, we immediately started chatting, exchanging stories, and laughing. We ordered the same dish and were each issued our own separate lunch tickets. At the register, he grabbed my ticket and told me he was going to pay for my lunch.
He told me to select a seat, so we settled in and continued chatting. We talked about work, food, and soccer. Mostly I babbled like an idiot because my nerves were completely shot. Every time he smiled at me, I almost stopped breathing (which would not necessarily have been a bad thing if it inhibited my speaking abilities). He is not devastatingly handsome, but he is so genuinely adorable that it is hard to believe that some brilliant woman has not scooped him off the market and chained him away somewhere far from roaming eyes. (Read: He is marriage material, which is a first for me in my dating history) We discussed our mutual love of sour patch kids and fruit flavored candies. He mocked my idol worship of tomatoes and we teased each other all through the meal.
When the table was cleared, I suggested I look at the time to ensure we were not running terribly late. I told him that it had been an hour since he had arrived and promptly asked him how long he had for lunch. He simply responded that lunch was typically an hour, though he could take as long of a lunch as he liked if he made up the hours. Ultimately he said that today was not a day for a three hour lunch, but made no indication that he was getting up to leave. He ended up staying and chatting with me for another half hour.
In the parking lot, we did an awkward dance as we walked in the direction of our cars. I am almost sure he tried to walk me to my car, but I wouldn't place money on that bet. Finally I turned, hugged him, and told him I'd talk to him soon. He replied that he'd talk to me soon too. Then smiled and walked off to his car. I instantly regretted not grabbing him by his shirt collar and kissing those beautiful Irish lips right off of him. Though at 1:15 in the afternoon, standing in the Home Depot parking lot, I am almost positive this would have been considered unusual, if not inappropriate behavior. (Oh hush, I am occasionally appropriate and mannerly) Maybe it is for the best that I maintained some composure.
Later in the day, I sent him a short and flirty email to thank him for lunch and apologize for my tardiness. He responded later indicating he had enjoyed meeting me too. Perhaps our rules of first dates only this summer will have to bend like a tree in a hurricane...
Frog or Prince?
Baby Makers:
Irish
Loves dogs
Well traveled
Relaxed personality (maybe I could learn from him)
Intelligent
Witty
Articulate
Adorable
Deal Breakers:
1. Didn't ask to see me again...which may not be a deal breaker, but was rather upsetting
2. Doesn't like sushi or tomatoes
3. Sad, but that's all I've got. Anyone have any suggestions?
This is B. Guile, with a bit of a crush.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
B. Guile, Date # 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it might be ok if you bent the rules for this one...maybe.
Post a Comment